Friday, 1 March 2013

getting a cat!


As you'll no doubt recall, a few days ago we were wondering about getting a cat. This sparked more comments (mainly on facebook) than any of my posts before, ever! Lots of great advice, about catnip, scratching posts, double-glazing cat flaps, and how great it would be to get a cat.

There was also a suggestion or two that we get a dog. Now don't get me wrong. I know a lot of people have great relationships with their dogs, and I see how all the walks could be a good thing, but that's the only thing I can see that's good about a dog. I have lived with them in the past and I really don't like them (and before you stand up for your dog, I've never lived with your dog, and I am sure it's great). I do like cats, and rabbits too, but for now, let's get a cat.


Following on from all your advice I got in touch with the local Cats Protection League, and we got inspected yesterday. It went well, and we were assured we'd be getting a new member of the family before too long! We were all pretty excited...


...and then, this afternoon, while we were at the toy shop, my phone rang. There was a cat, would we like to come and see him? Now?

We piled into the car and drove down to meet the cat. He came rushing out to see us, and was getting stroked by all the kids straight away. He was perfect.

His name is Katzuma Ginger McKee, he's as confident as you like, and we are all thrilled to have him in the family!