Tuesday, 1 October 2013

liking Facebook futures

Another blog post today inspired by the brilliant Chantelle of Fat Mum Slim.  This one is number 23 on her list of 50 things to blog about.  I've skipped a few, but I'm likely to go back to them... once you start something...

Anyway, today I'm looking into the future and wondering...


What my Facebook status might be in 2018


I used to have a five year plan... now I have a plan to get through tonight, hopefully getting enough sleep, and if I don't, then I'll cross that bridge.  I have had very few nights of unbroken sleep in the last eight years or so, and that seriously reduces brain capacity.  If you're getting deja vu it's because I've talked about not getting enough sleep before, here.  It seems a common topic amongst Mums!


So I hadn't really thought about what I would be doing in five years until I thought about today's topic.  

When I look back to 2008, my status updates were regular things about my children's health and achievements, seeing friends and family, and lots of things about the charity-type-thing I was chair of at the time - b.a.b.i.e.s (babies and birthing in east Suffolk).  Anyone know what's happened to b.a.b.i.e.s?

Now my posts are more prolific, and they're mainly photos from Fat Mum Slim's Photo a Day Challenge (October's list is below if you fancy joining in), and links to my blog.  I'm now also on Google+ but Facebook is still my main platform, and I still really like it, so I imagine I will still be posting on it in 2018.  But what?

Well, my oldest will be 13 in 2018, so I'm guessing there could be some interesting discussions I'll be venting about.  I doubt I'll be sharing so many photographs, I'm already skipping some of the prompts, although I've really enjoyed doing photo-a-day, because it's pushed me to think about my pictures, and take pictures I wouldn't have otherwise.  I wonder if Chantelle will still be posting prompts?!  







































I hope I'll still be blogging too, so no doubt I'll still be sharing about that... and, *whisper it* I would really love to be celebrating getting a book published.

I'm working on a book, sometimes, but it's always ticking over in my head.  I
Thinking about my story at the beach -
the little girl and I trying to draw Chaptershill
think it's going to take me a long time to get it good enough, to do justice to the characters, who would never let me forget it if I let them down, but I think I will get there.  I'm thinking it might turn out to be a trilogy.  Either that or a good book for flower pressing.  And I've got a lot to learn, so five years sounds about right.  Wish me luck.


On top of that, I would really like a regular column in a magazine.  Ideally The Guardian Magazine.  Before I'm ready for that though I need to get my own style sorted out.  My plan is to fake it until I make it.  I hope I make it.

I also really hope I get my act together, and either make myself look better (however that's achieved), or come to accept how I look, and work with it, to let my joy shine through.

What about you?  Do you have a five year plan?  What do you think your Facebook status will be in five year's time?



Posts in this series

This post is one of a series inspired by a list from Fat Mum Slim.  You can find the rest of them here.