Tuesday, 11 February 2014

inviting suggestions

I've been posting here on Oh we do love to be... for one whole year!

I still love the name - it pushes me to be positive, and brings to mind the seaside (and sunshine - which is important on a snowy day like today).

My Mum is visiting.  We tried to take her a walk
around the sights of seaside town today but it
was a little too bracing.  So we came home, had
hero factory battles and sang 'Everything is
Awesome.'
I still love blogging, perhaps more now than I did a year ago. I also follow a whole lot more blogs. Some of the blogs I follow seem like friends to me now, just as a good magazine is said to do (although the only magazine I ever liked was The Guardian Magazine, and I hated the ridiculous fashion in that).

I never cease to be amazed at Chantelle from Fat Mum Slim. She is unfailingly thoughtful, sweet, and inspirational. She gives so much and makes blogging for a living look like a sort of karmic exchange (plus she works like a doozer). Chantelle has pointed the way to other Australian blogs, which are fab, like the irreverent and fabulous Mrs Woog of Woogsworld. I try to join in the Monday 'my firsts' of Kerri of Life and Other Crises.

I follow blogs in the UK too. I particularly love the attitude and style of the utterly gorgeous Betty of Pamper and Curves.

I hope you like my blog too. I'd love to know what you think

My most popular posts are the highly personal ones, and the ones about babies. Although my favourite ones to write are the historical ones, and the feminist ones.  I guess it's good to have a mixture.

What kind of posts do you like? And what don't you like? What's been your favourite post to date? And what would you like to see me write about?

Can't wait to hear from you.

My most popular posts:
     In the last month - Coping with pain
     In the last week - On a first date