Tuesday, 11 March 2014

laughing like a drain

What has made you laugh like a drain?

Somewhere there's a photograph of me lying on the floor, laughing my socks off after watching Eddie Izzard's 'mais le singe est dans l'arbre' sketch (apologies for spelling mistakes francophiles).  Have you seen it?  I'm afraid I couldn't find it on You Tube for you, but I found this one


My brother.  He makes
me laugh.
I have also been known to laugh pretty hard at pretty much any joke my brother makes.  He is the funniest man in my world.  Go UE.  I remember losing it when my Dad had to go to the police station for some traffic issue, and my brother was silently gesturing me to be quiet, and not to laugh.  I laughed.  I couldn't help it.  My brother is one of those people who bring joy.  People like him.  I like him a lot.  He doesn't half make me look bad though!

But the thing that has made me laugh so much that it is still talked about by my friends - it had me laughing, and dribbling on the floor, and a mere shake of the shoulders is enough to reduce me to giggles again, was the scene in Friends when Monica dances with a giant turkey on her head.  It really isn't that funny.  But oh my goodness.  I've just watched it again, and do you know what, I hadn't even remembered that Chandler says he loves her, but maybe that's why I laughed so much.  Chandler was my favourite.



Who was your favourite Friend?

This post is part of a series of 50 I'm doing. I'd love to see your take on one of the titles.  Find the full list here.

The book challenge
Words at 13/3/14 - 60,945 (can't update while computer being fixed).
3338 words written so far in this chapter.
Where I'm at in First Draft - middle of Chapter 12.
What I did last - scene with my heroine getting ready for work.
Also handed in sci fi story.