Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Happy for 100 days: days 71-80

This challenge has become a habit.  I will be sorry to reach the end, and now I'm 3/4 of the way through I'm very aware that the end is nigh.


I have spotted other things to give a go though, and focusing on the positive has become an important part of my life.  It is true that life is not all puppies and flowers, but why dwell on the poo and green fly?

If you fancy taking part in #100happydays you can find out more here.  Here are my last ten days.

Day 71 - my first newspaper column.  That's my name in print right there!

Day 72 - our great big softie cat is enjoying the warm weather, and the extra soil during the garden makeover.  I think he's gorgeous.
Day 73 - so happy to be hitting the hay tonight.  The girls are sleeping really badly at the moment and I am SOOOOOOO tired.  I suspect it's the brighter nights.  Is it affecting your kids?
Day 74 - Mrs Woog discovered the joys of knitting in the morning, and totally inspired me to break out the crochet hook and find a practical solution to my lack of pockets problem.  I made a bag for my 'phone, and have hardly taken it off since.  Chuffed to bits.  Also, I bought this wool in 1999, and I'm so pleased to finally use it.  It's gorgeous.
Day 75, and WHAT A DAY!  Gorgeous, hot and sunny (followed by a spectacular storm).  I've got a new paddling pool which I hope is immune to the cat.  Fingers crossed.
I don't know what happened on day 76, but we were up early and ready to go, so we went.  We had the 40 minutes it takes us to get to school on foot!  You can only see the big girl because the boy was miles ahead and the wee girl was being pulled on a scooter by myself.
Another gorgeous day on day 77, and the wee girl and I had fun finding nice stones on Largs beach.  I swear every stone on that beach is interesting to her!
Very impressed with Hovis on day 78.  I complained to them a while ago, and they've apologised, investigated, and given me £10 in vouchers.  I love good customer service.  And I loved choosing our freebies today.
We are so lucky that K's parents live in such a beautiful location on the West Coast of Scotland, and we made full use of their garden on day 79.  I also love Google's Auto Awesome, which did this with my photo's of the kids.  It did give us two lots of the wee girl, but it feels like we've got that anyway.
I loved having some time to myself on day 80.  Had a lovely walk on the front at Largs.

If you'd like more of my photos of happy moments, then check out days 1-1011-20 21-3031-4041-5051-60, and 61-70.  Or follow my Instagram feed.

The book challenge
Words at 28/5/14 - 80,500.  
41,000 words done since the challenge began, 10,500 so far this month.
Where I'm at in First Draft - Chapter 19.
What I did last - filed my latest newspaper column!