Friday, 21 November 2014

going down: stepping back a bit for mental health

Hi all

So, I'm doing pretty well because I have hardly taken to my bed at all. I am horrible to live with, and my head is not a great place to be, but I do know that I'm going to come out from under this dark cloud, and the way that I'm going to do this is:

1. Step back from social media (sorry folks, but no more daily posts), I need more space for my head, I can't filter the noise any more.

2. Go outside. I will, honest. I promise. I know I'll feel better for it. But by heck it's cold and I'm really feeling the cold at the moment.

3. Talk to people. Like with my voice. To their faces. I'm not going to talk about how I'm feeling, because a lot of it is paranoid nonsense and I don't want to give it the nutrition to be honest. Instead, I want to have conversations about lots of other things. I'm not feeling like I'm doing very well at those conversations, because of all the stuff that's going on in my head at the same time. But I'm hoping that folks will forgive me (or maybe not even notice).

4. Stop this now. If I keep writing I'll get upset. So I won't. I don't want to give it the oxygen.

In an effort to be helpful, if you sometimes feel like this, then this video by the World Health Organisation helped me.