Tuesday, 14 April 2015

here for two years

I missed the two year anniversary of when I started this blog, back in February.

Now we're at two years and two months.

I keep thinking I should quit.

But then I think that I quite like blogging.

I like the immediacy of it. I like the scattered way that I blog (I know that some are more focused, and that's cool, but I'd go bonkers if I was just talking about clothes, or films, or some other thing). I like the communication that goes alongside it.

I like that my blog got me in to writing a column for the local paper, and sometimes I use blog posts for other articles.

I keep thinking that I should make more money out of it. There are bloggers who do this for a living, and I am definitely not one of them, but I'm not going to because:

  • I hate those blogs that you go to where there are things popping up all over the place trying to get you to buy stuff.
  • Blogging for me is a place where I can dump all the peripheral stuff. I want to focus on writing fiction as the thing that I do. I don't want to become an expert on my social media profile, scheduling blog posts and all that.
Don't get me wrong. There are professional bloggers who are totally brilliant: Fat Mum Slim is my favourite. But I am never going to be as good as she is, and that is totally fine.

Now, dear reader, having got that off my chest, I'm wondering if there's anything you'd like to see on the blog, or anything that just bores you rigid? Let me know.

Cheers!

Leaving you with a picture of my cat with a cuddly unicorn, because we have declared it cute.