Wednesday, 17 June 2015

June: Springing into action!

 "You know, I control the weather with my moods. I just can't control my moods is all." - Nick Cave in 20,000 Days on Earth (2014)
Finally, the weather has bucked its ideas up and shone sunshine upon us. We have been singing songs about sunshine, going for walks, and picnics, and generally feeling a whole lot happier about things.

The temperature gauge has finally risen up to the 16C mark ... and kept on going! It was 19C on Friday for the kids sports day. We sat on the grass and we did not get muddy bottoms.

Nick Cave said that writing about the weather made him look forward to bad weather, because it was more interesting to write about.

I don't think it's going to work for me... But YAY! SUNSHINE! I'm going to ignore the fact that it's dipped a bit in the last few days, and wear my optimistic hat... we are very close to the solstice and so ready for summer.

Let's hope the sunshine keeps going.

How's the weather with you?