Tuesday, 18 August 2015

Living right here

This week for the gratitude project I'm talking about the things I'm grateful for in my neighbourhood.

This is easy to do.

There are three things I am grateful for in my neighbourhood:

First off, the people around here are friendly. No Victor Meldrews (well there's one, but she keeps to herself), just nice people who say hello and express an interest.

Secondly, we're in a great location - with little parks to play in right next to the house. If I could move the whole estate closer to the town centre I would, but where it is will do nicely. We can see and hear the sheep and cows in the fields around the estate, and I like that too. We are a little too far from the school for my liking, but happily the council is moving the school closer. Thanks for that North Ayrshire!

The last reason I love living here is that we're on a cul-de-sac, and it's safe for the kids to play out in the street. Which I'm about to make them do! We have lots of other kids nearby, and there can be massive water fights, fun football matches, and sometimes just a big gang of kids hanging about at the park, shooting the breeze. It's the kind of childhood some people claim kids don't get (and some people complain about them having), and I'm delighted to have it for our kids.


What's good about your neighbourhood?