Wednesday, 7 October 2015

capturing Autumn colour

I love the colours at this time of year. The reds against the green, with clouds giving us backdrops of grey and white.

Inspired by Kim Leuenberger (check out her Instagram feed here, or her website, here), I've been taking photos to capture the current Autumnal moment, and trying to use the sky as a backdrop. This should have involved lying on the ground, but people it is WET out there. I read somewhere (sorry, I forget where), that Kim likes to use white skies as the backdrop of her pictures because it brings out the colour in the scenery. That has made me feel a whole lot better about white skies, and even leaden ones. If the light is right they can make a great backdrop.

So, here's what I came up with. Do you like Autumnal colours too?