1. Fresh air, exercise, and SUNSHINE! All that bright, cheery, warm stuff that makes even people in Scotland want to go outside. Even the rain is warmer in summer.
2. Which leads on to al fresco dining: picnics, ice lollies, drinks on the terrace. It's all good.
3. Today marks the start of our summer holidays. SEVEN whole weeks of no school runs, no after school clubs, no forcing people to get dressed on time. OK, so it can be annoying sometimes, but seven whole weeks of FREEDOM! Huzzah for the summer holidays (and cue Phineas and Ferb)
4. Playing with water: paddling pools, water fights, jumping waves at the beach, and going swimming. It may suck for the hair, but it's so much fun.
5. Finally... we are going on holiday this year ... ABROAD! Excited doesn't even begin to cover it.
Happy Summer to you! What do you love about it?