Friday, 30 June 2017

Embrace: A poetry post


Hello there, I'm sharing a little poem today which was written for #theprompt back in February. I seem to spend a lot of time messing about with paperwork and submitting work to places, and not enough time doing other things, you know, like writing. I'm trying to write a little poem every day, usually a haiku or a tanka just so my brain stays in the zone, and I love this haiku type thing.

It might seem a little bit miserable, but actually I wrote it after a lovely day, walking with friends in the morning, and busying my brain with preparations for poetry events that were coming up. I guess it's speaking to the importance of self care. Something I've been doing again today, going for a massively long cycle ride which was just gorgeous (although if anyone has some spare knees or a bum I'll take them).

Good news today too - one of those poems I've been submitting has been accepted. I keep the poetry tag up to date with what I'm getting published where, so have a look there if you're interested. I'm now including the date I last updated it in the title so you know if you've missed anything (and I put the most recent at the top for you).

mumturnedmom